This site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK.
This site is governed by the laws of the country of the UK within which you reside and any dispute or action arising out of this site shall be determined in accordance with such laws.
If you believe any information on this site is inaccurate or have any suggestions on how the content of this site could be improved or if you have questions on a particular product or service please contact us.
We will update the content of this notice from time to time. Please ensure that you visit this page regularly and refresh your browser to ensure your information is up to date.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is virus protected. We accept no responsibility for any loss you may suffer as a result of accessing or downloading information from this site.
Accuracy and Validity of Information
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained within these pages is accurate and up to date, it is nonetheless supplied on an “as is” basis and accordingly we do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions. If you are in any doubt as to the validity of information made available within these pages, we recommend you seek verification by contacting us.
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure this website is always accessible we will not be held liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable for any period. We may also have to suspend access to the website for routine or emergency updates and maintenance but we will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum. In addition we cannot warrant that this website will be free of viruses or defects of any description and we will not be held responsible for any technical problems you may suffer as a result of your use of this website.
Third Party Websites
This website may also contain links to websites operated by third parties. The responsibility for the operation and content of those websites shall rest solely with the organisation identified as controlling the third party website and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Links are provided for convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any linked website.
1. Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections. We collect personal information from you at different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
- when you visit our website;
- when you take out an insurance policy via us; and
- when you contact us for help
2. Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products or services;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that you may hold with us, may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- verify your eligibility to credit facilities; and
- transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose in our sole discretion.
- enforce our terms and conditions
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
3. Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
- we may provide your information to our partner insurers and service providers who perform functions on your/our behalf;
- we may provide your information to our service providers who perform functions on our behalf. Usually our service providers sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- we may share your data with any parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, other entities under a common control or third-party acquirers. We would direct these other entities will honor this Privacy Statement;
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase and direct them to treat the data confidentially
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and
- other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
4. Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
Our systems have security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access.
We may create links to other web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorised by our Company may have links leading to our site. Our Company cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since our website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
6. Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. International Transfers of your Personal Information
Information collected from you may, on occasion be stored and processed outside the UK in any other country in which our Company or agents maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
8. Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Company at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
9. Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. It was last updated on 16th May 2018. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the date it was last changed
10. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our practices or have any concerns please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Compare Life Insurance Ltd
Making a Complaint
Our customers are at the heart of our business. We aim to treat our customers as fairly and consistently as we would wish to be treated ourselves, but we know we don’t always get everything right. If things do go wrong we’ll do our best to clear things up quickly and fairly.
We take all complaints seriously and aim to resolve them fairly and quickly. The information shown below provides an overview of how we deal with complaints, how long it takes, and who to get in touch with.
Notifying us of a complaint:
You may call us directly on 01792 794711, or refer the matter to Mark Thomas.
Compare Life Insurance Limited
Once we have received your complaint:
We will immediately confirm receipt of your claim, and write to you with the name of the person who will be dealing with it. We will try to resolve it straight away, or at least within 3 working days. If we have been unable to resolve your complaint within 3 days we will write to you explaining why and explaining that we will require more time.
Within 8 weeks:
We will let you have our final response, or explain why we are unable to give you a final response and when we expect to be able to provide it.
If you are unhappy with our final response or any delay you may be able to refer your complaint to:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Phone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123
The Financial Ombudsman Service offers a free, independent complaint resolution service. Their jurisdiction broadly covers those that employ less than 10 persons and whose turnover or annual balance sheet is less than 2 million Euros, and charities or trusts whose turnover or net assets respectively are less than £1m. Providing you are an eligible complainant you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of the final response letter.
If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.